esrm joins kings iii emergency communications
Note: This website will soon redirect to www.kingsiii.com.
Sales: 954-825-3226 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Code Requirements for all Elevators A17.1 2009,2010,2013 & 2016 for section 2.27
Code Requirements for all elevators
- The button must be labeled “HELP” (2009 code) or with the "Phone Symbol" (2010 and 2013 codes) with braille adjacent or on the button. 126.96.36.199.3b
- Call acknowledgment signal, (LED light )must be activated by authorized personnel before 2 way conversation begins.188.8.131.52.3c (See Elevator Phones)
- Location must be provided on demand. Includes location & elevator number. 184.108.40.206.3d (See Elevator Phone Monitoring)
Handsets are not allowed 220.127.116.11.3g
- Call can NOT go to an “automated answering system” 18.104.22.168.3h Must be a live operator! (See Elevator Phone Monitoring)
- Call can not be canceled from inside car after the call is established. 22.214.171.124.3f (See Elevator Phones)
- Operating instructions (See Signs) must be located on or adjacent to the HELP button 126.96.36.199.3i
- 4 HRS of back-up battery is needed if connected to building power. 188.8.131.52.5
Additional requirements for “Over 60 ft of Rise/ High Rise Communications
- Needs a means to call into all elevators from inside the building. The call must over-ride any or all ongoing calls. 184.108.40.206.4 (See high rise)
- The phone inside the elevator (See Elevator Phones) must answer without delay and the LED Call acknowledgment light must be activated on elevator phone inside cab. 220.127.116.11.4
Elevator Communications Failure+
Required on A17.1 2009b and higher codes
- There must be a means that tests phone line at least once every 24 hrs. 18.104.22.168.6a (See Line Verifiers)
- There must be a means to verify operability of the phone line. Relying on voltage alone is no sufficient. 22.214.171.124.6a (See Line Verifiers)
- Visual and audio signal shall be located in the vicinity of Fire Recall switch. 126.96.36.199.6b (See Line Verifiers)
- Audio must sound every 30 seconds, & can be silenced . Visual alert must illuminate intermittently, can not be disabled! 188.8.131.52.6 (See Line Verifiers)
- To perform test the mechanic must test the telephone line INSIDE THE CAR. (NOT FROM CONTROL ROOM!) 184.108.40.206.6a
Have a Question?
* For information on A17.1 1996, 2000, 2003,2004, 2007 requirements please email email@example.com
** For matching instruction signs to your existing phone please email sales@EsrmCommunications.com (We have the correct, easy to read sign for any make or model elevator phone)
*** For additional ADA and international requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The A17.1 is adopted in all states in the USA and recognized in many other areas including:
Elevator Phone State Codes.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Elevator Phone, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan. Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada,New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico,New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Did you know:
ESRM Communications has (4) licensed elevator technicians on staff.
ESRM Communications has (1) Licensed Elevator Inspector on staff.
ESRM is a licensed elevator company within Florida providing full service elevator phone and camera installations,
We truly are elevator phone experts. Give us a call to discuss your specific needs.
Elevator Phone Code Requirements for the United States
This code varies from state to state
ESRM Communications , LLC © 2016 |All Rights Reserved State of Florida LIC # ES12001335& Lic #ELC 646